Client Services

Canby Adult Center Client Services

Home Visits – The Client Services Coordinator visits clients in their homes to determine eligibility for Meals on Wheels, as well as assess and educate them on other services for programs that may be useful to clients.

Information and Referrals – The Client Services Coordinator has extensive knowledge of community resources that are relevant to older adults. Our Client Services Coordinator connects people with services offered at the Center as well as community, county, and state resources. Client Services is also your connection to the Transportation Reaching People Program (TRP) of Clackamas County for eligible clients within the Canby School District

Energy Assistance – Client Services is trained in assisting clients with county and local low-income energy assistance program applications. Call to make an appointment for assistance. 

Senior Companion Program – Volunteers visit seniors weekly providing companionship, transportation, and independence. Contact us if you are interested in volunteering or need a companion.

Legal Assistance – The second Wednesday of each month an attorney will meet with you at the Center for a free 30-minute consultation. Call 503 266 2970 to schedule your appointment.

Other Resources

SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance) assists older adults with questions about their health insurance. The SHIBA Program uses certified volunteer counselors to help people who are on Medicare, or who are about to enroll in Medicare, make informed health insurance decisions. You may book a free appointment directly with SHIBA at 503.655.8269. Call the Clackamas County Aging and Disability Resource line for additional information at 503 650 5622.

Aging and Disability Resource Connection of Oregon – ADRC – The Aging and Disability Resource Connection, or ADRC is a free service that can connect you with help paying for long-term care. ADRC’s are the entryway to publicly funded long-term care programs. The Resource Connection helps assess your level of need for services and ensures that you are eligible. ADRC staff can provide information about all options available and help you select the solution best for you. Contact the ADRC at 503 650 5622 or visit

Veterans Service Office – Clackamas County – Veterans, Veteran Aid and Attendance Benefits, Advocacy, Veteran Benefits Assistance, Burial/Cremation Expense Assistance-503-650-5631 (Main)-

Low Cost Housing Clackamas County – Visit  ADRC — Aging and Disability Resource Connection of Oregon to view a list of low cost housing programs run by private landlords offering lower than standard market rental rates. This list is maintained by the Clackamas County Housing Rights and Resources Program- 503-650-5750.

Senior Loneliness Line – Feeling lonely? We’re here to listen and connect. 503.200.1633.

Sage GLBT Elder HOTLINE – No matter where you live, LGBT elders have a place to call when they need peer counseling, information and local resources. 1.888.234.7243.

David Romprey Oregon Warm line– Need to talk? Call the David Romprey Oregon Warm line- Staffed by people with various life experiences, challenges and big feelings (included but not limited to) Mental Health, Addictions, Hospitalizations, Feelings of Suicide, Learning Differences, Homelessness, Loneliness, Challenges of having low income and more. Call to have a confidential conversation with someone who will listen without judgement or criticism. People just want to be heard- 1 800 698 2392Oregon Warmline Hotline

Clackamas County Low Income Energy Assistance– You may be eligible for help with your power bill. You don’t have to have a past-due notice. You may be eligible even if you pay your bill every month. Assistance is available for a variety of energy needs. No walk ins- please call  503-650-5640. When you call, please listen to the menu options and choose the one that is most appropriate for you. Be sure to leave all requested information. Energy Assistance

Ties That Bind – A program for grandparents of all ages who are raising children in Oregon. Visit for more information and resources to help.

Make The Connection – connects veterans, their families and friends, and other supporters to mental health information, a tool for finding local mental health resources, and videos of veterans sharing their inspiring stories of recovery.